Nearly all adult women have some degree of cellulite on their thighs.
Cellulite is a condition that causes the skin to become bumpy and uneven, often described as being like an orange peel or cottage cheese.
Although it’s not dangerous, cellulite can reduce confidence and harm your self-image. It’s also not easy to get rid of, but there are some effective methods that you can employ to reduce the appearance of cellulite on your thighs.
While medical and surgical interventions are typically unnecessary and have some risks involved, they can be effective.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, these treatments have been observed to be effective at making cellulite less noticeable:
- Acoustic Wave Therapy – Multiple rounds of targeted soundwaves appear to work by breaking up tough bands of collagen, improving skin elasticity, and thickening the underlayers of skin. These modifications prevent the inner fat tissues from visibly bulging outward.
- Laser Therapy – Laser therapy uses intense beams of light to impact the underlying dermal structures in a similar way, creating changes that make the fat less noticeable.
- Subcision – This process affects the collagen using needles inserted beneath the skin. The effects of this invasive surgical technique seem to last a little longer this way.
- Vacuum-Assisted Precise Tissue Release – This surgical method involves the use of small blades attached to a vacuum device to separate and break up the bands of collagen.
Each of these methods targets the fibrous net that connects your skin to your muscles. When these bands of fiber harden and become less flexible, they hold the skin down into dimples at the points of attachment and cause the fat in the middle of the skin and muscles to bulge outward between the connections – like a quilt.
Home Remedies For Cellulite Removal
In addition to these more invasive treatments, a variety of natural home remedies may also reduce the appearance of cellulite on your thighs.
- Massage – Consistent massaging may stretch those tough bands of collagen and also stimulate lymphatic drainage.
- Collagen Supplements – Bioactive Collagen Peptides may work by fueling the regeneration of the fibrous septae bands, causing them to be more flexible and lessening the dimpling effect.
- Exercise – Squats, lunges, and similar glute exercises can strengthen the muscles and skin in your thigh region.
- Weight Loss – People at any weight can have cellulite, but healthy eating and reducing fat can decrease the appearance of cellulite on your thighs. Better eating may also improve the way your skin looks in general.
Cellulite is not dangerous, but it can be a nuisance. There are a variety of treatments available to reduce its appearance, but maybe instead of risky procedures, you might find better relief in focusing on accepting your body’s natural changes and learning to love yourself with a positive self-image.