Your buttocks usually have the largest muscle group in your body, generally known as the “glutes.” Glutes contain three different muscles that are known for their power and strength. They are the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius and gluteus minimus. These muscles perform essential body functions, including sitting, running, and jumping. They are most famous for their appearance, but more importantly, these muscles can be toned and shaped –just like other parts of your body.
You can try some exercises and tips to build a well-shaped butt. In this piece, we shall look at strategies and exercises you can adopt to build a better butt.
Exercises to Build A Better Butt
- Glute Bridge: This exercise is a beginner-friendly routine that alienates and strengthens your glute, hamstrings, muscles, and core. This exercise also provides you with improved stability in your hips.
- Jumping Squats: Another exercise that strengthens your butt includes jumping squats. This is a potent plyometric exercise that aids in strengthening your glutes, core, hips, quads, and calves. However, when you have issues with your knees, hips, or ankles, you must consult your doctor before embarking on such a vigorous routine.
- Walking Lunges with Weights: Further, if you intend to build and shape the glute muscles, you will always incorporate this exercise into your routine. Walking lunges with weights target the quadriceps and help to improve your body balance. Although, if you have any issues with your knees, hips, or ankles, always consult your doctor before embarking on such an exercise.
- Single-leg deadlift: Single-leg deadlifts are an advanced routine that works on your hamstrings and glutes. This exercise goes ahead to challenge your balance and stability.
- Clamshell: This workout routine seeks to work on your gluteus medius and gluteus minimus –deep glute muscles. These muscles often tend to be neglected when specific exercises, such as squats and deadlifts, are carried out. These muscles are vital to your body as they stabilize your pelvis, prevent lower back pain, and further balance out the lower parts of your body.
- Banded side steps: You can finally engage in the banded side step as this routine workout works on both your hip muscles and your glutes.
Building a better butt is about engaging in exercises that work on those muscles. However, you also need to consider other factors, such as maintaining a healthy diet and consulting your doctor if you have had previous issues with any part of your body.